Security Breaches Linked to Printing Are Getting Worse
The Print Security Landscape 2023 study was just released by Quocirca, a well-known company that does market research and analysis on a global scale. The study showed that people are getting more worried about the possible security risks of printing and that their confidence in protecting print infrastructure from data breaches and security attacks seems to be going down.
Among the study's most important findings were:
- Only 19% of big businesses (those with more than 1,000 workers) are completely sure that their print infrastructure is safe from data loss and security breaches.
- 61% of businesses said they had a data breach linked to printing in the past year.
- Even with these problems, 70% of companies said that printing is still very important or very important to their business over the next year.
- 27% of IT security problems could be traced back to paper records.
- A large number of businesses, 79%, say they will spend more on print security in the coming year.
ManagedPrint is a great choice for businesses that want to use a secure cloud-based infrastructure while still getting the benefits of traditional secure print functionality. ManagedPrint is one of the more complete print management companies right now because we can support printing at home and scanning in a secure way.
We at ManagedPrint agree with Quocirca that print security is important and see it as an important part of our services and solutions. We partner with software providers like PaperCut who are using very secure data servers in order to show how committed we are to information security at all levels and to ensure our customers that their data is safe.
PaperCut's cloud service is built on Google Cloud, and their data centers have an impressive list of compliance and certifications: ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27017, ISO/IEC 27018, SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3, PCI DSS, CSA STAR, HITRUST CSF, FedRAMP, IRAP, UK's Cloud Security Principles, NIST 800-53, HIPAA, NHS Digital Commercial Third-Party Information Governance, and GDPR.
Because we care so much about security, we're seen as a leader in print security, and larger clients from fields like healthcare, banking, manufacturing, retail, education, and defense trust us to keep their print infrastructure safe.
Contact the experts at ManagedPrint to discuss your print security policy or goals and we are happy to help you develop a long-term strategy to protect your business.